Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Hexies

During the last quilt show, a lady was demonstrating how to make these cute hexies. They are a blast to make. I like hand sewing projects. She gave me the middle one to use for a sample. But you cut out the pattern pieces which is a large hexagon and a small one. With the small sized you also cut out a piece of batting. Then place it on top of the larger piece wrong sized one. Then fold the edges up twice and pin. Sew in place. You can use a machine but I prefer to sew by hand. Connect to make whatever project you want. The piece alone is large enough to be a coaster.




If you would like me to mail you a pattern for this, send a self addressed stamped envelope to me. Pm for address. If you want an image to be seen in the center, follow the instructions I'll enclose.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to make a PDF copy of the pattern for those with a printer.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...