Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Cast iron handle cover

After trying a cast iron handle cover pattern I found on ravelry and deciding it was too big, I decided to make my own.

I'm using an h hook and worsted cotton yarn.

I chained 5 stitches and using the magic style potholder pattern, it's looking pretty good. Look got my post about the magic style pot scrubber. Same concept.

Well, it fits the handle but it's too tight of a squeeze to get it on and off quickly. So, I tried another with a chain of 7. I didn't like it at first because it almost seems too big, but I decided I liked it that way after all. Easy on easy off. I may try a chain of 6 next time.



This is chain 7.



This is chain 5.

I like how they look so different. 

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...