Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sew it begins.

Today I'm taking my sewing in a different direction.

I had been searching for a new direction for my sewing for a long time, but it wasn't until a woman posted a picture of some purses she made for a group called Sew Powerful on facebook that it clicked and I realized I wanted to be a part of it!

I finished my first purse tonight. I don't know why but I was so nervous to make it. I sweated nervously, ripped out plenty of stitches, sewed straps without realizing I had no bobbin thread, but in the end, I got it done! Yay!

My goal is to have 20 to mail out by the deadline in October. I'm really excited to be able to sew these purses.







No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...