Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Candy wrapper pouches

 I just finished making my first candy wrapper pouch. I tried before on a pretzel bag and while it looked good, just turning it inside out caused the bag to tear. That was disappointing! I also used tape on the bag like I saw in a video.

So, I tried it again only this time I bought some thin vinyl (which was less than $1 for a quarter of a yard!) and lightly ironed it on top of the candy wrapper. I sewed it with a basting stitch and while I still need to practice more, I like how it turned out.




The zipper was taken off a purse from the thrift shop. I was able to get several bag style zippers from one purse for less than $1. Not bad! They are great for practicing bags with.

I was hoping to find some iron on vinyl, but no store here sells any. I was wondering if heat transfer laminating sheets would work. Thoughts anyone? Still, the vinyl here seems to do the trick. I hope to sell some of these pouches someday in my Etsy shop, but I want to get better at them first. Work out all the errors and such...

Handmade items I sell in my shop have always been tried and tested first.

Oh, and by the way, the candy wrapper used was sent to me as a RAK on Ravelry. A kind crafter sent it my way as it was on my wish list. Thank you again!


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute! Reminds me of those drink pouch purses "back in the day."

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...