Friday, October 7, 2016

Yummy spaghetti sauce

I hate buying spaghetti sauce from the store because most of it contains high fructose corn syrup. I found a really yummy recipe years ago. I wish I remembered where I found the recipe.
It makes 12- 1/2 cup servings.

It's so easy to make.

First cook one pound of ground beef. Drain and set aside.

Then mix in big pot-
1- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1- 6 ounce can tomato paste
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (I used half that)
Three fresh basil leaves or pinch of dried
2 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion chopped

Simmer on low until thick.

Add ground beef halfway through.

Before it's done, add a pinch of baking soda. It will fizz. It gives the sauce a sweet taste and takes out some of the acid taste. Taste and see the difference. Add more as necessary. But I don't think more than a tablespoon is needed.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...