Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Chicken project bag

I'm still plugging along and sewing like crazy! I forget that I can blog without the app.

This morning I went to meet a lady outside the quilt shop but was early so I went inside to look around. The owner there had some things for me to go through. After sorting through some bias tape and netting, I watched her work awhile before volunteering my time. I love to iron and helped her press some material. She was going through it as it had belonged to a lady that had passed away. It was interesting to see her fabric stash and her unfinished projects, but weird feeling too. I wonder what people will think when they go through my things. This lady had a lot of stuff!

One piece of material caught my eye as it was adorable!


I just had to take a picture of it as I've never seen anything so cute! The owner mentioned giving it to a friend who loved chickens. I asked her if she happened to sell any that I would love to buy a fat quarter worth to make a boxy bag. She asked me if I would make a boxy bag for the friend in exchange for the material. She offered to pay me for the bag too, but I declined. I just love sewing! I said sure! She found some interesting material that kind of looked like bird feathers for the liner.

When I finally got home after visiting some other shops, I started to sew the boxy bag. I decided to put in a handle, something I'm just learning to do.

I just love how the bag turned out!




Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...