Sunday, September 18, 2016

Flat scrubber

One of the places I sell my scrubbers at, someone requested I make flat scrubbers. I've been making these round ones for years and this isn't the first time someone comes up with a new way for me to make them.

I've actually tried a wide variety of different styles and like the round ones best. But not just any round ones, but the double thickness ones. I like that they last for around 6 months or longer depending on how hard you use them. I actually had a lady tell me that I made them last too long and that I needed to make them with cheaper materials and more flimsy so people would have to buy more often. What!?? I refuse to do that!

I don't care that people will buy a handful I've or twice a year for themselves and friends and family. These take time to make whether made poorly or not. I like my scrubbers just these easy they are.

But to humor the lady that asked me to make a flat scrubber because she claimed food got stuck in the center hole, I decided to make her a flat scrubber. Now first of all, I've never had trouble with food getting caught in it. I will throw the scrubbers in the washing machine when they are dirty and air dry them. They can also be put in the dishwasher. Second of all I don't think she actually used them, but saw the hole and assumed food would get caught inside.

Anyways, here is the scrubber I made her. I used the same netting in all my scrubbers. Same width cut, six strips because I've actually been using only 6 per round scrubber as I like the size they are.

What I did was-
I followed the same instructions for the first 2 strips. Then for the 3rd strip, I did this- *SC in next 3 chains. 2 SC in next chain. Repeat * until you add next strip. Then with 4th step- *SC in next 4 chains, 2 SC in next chain. Repeat as before. I followed this pattern adding one sc per each strip as the number I was on to keep track of what strip I was working on.

It is a nice scrubber but I prefer my thick ones. When these get wet. They flatten out quite considerably. There just isn't much to hold on to, when using these flat ones. I'm not impressed, lol!




2 comments:

Patrick and Emily said...

I wonder if they were made like the potholes you made she might like them? At least this looks pretty.

thetreasuresofmyheart said...

I asked her about that but she didn't want them double thick with a "hidden" layer.

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...