Dehydrating



I joined a really neat group on Facebook called "dehydrating for divas and dudes."

I've learned so much about so many things I can dry that I never thought about before.

When I got my dehydrator, I dried mostly fruit leather, smoothies, and dried bananas.

The above picture is strawberries and apples. I never knew how delicious dried strawberries could be! And I've dried apples before but only peeled ones. These have been sliced whole with a mandolin. The seeds pop out when dry and the core center looks like a pretty star. I thought the center would bother my teeth, but they don't.

I found that I like to eat the dried apples while out on a long bicycle ride. It is just the thing I need to energize myself.

I dried tomatoes this year. Two friends gave me gobs of free tomatoes so I ate as many as I could fresh and dried the rest.

I dried watermelon too. What a tasty treat!

One of the fun things I learned about was zucchini gummies.

This is the last of them and boy are they delicious! Chewy, sweet. Tastes like apricots or apples. You cook the zucchini in fruit juice and then dehydrate them. Such a great way to use up those hidden surprise gigantic zucchini in the garden. 

I never knew you could dry egg shells for... Come join the fun to find out what it's for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial