Friday, September 30, 2016

Cross body bag 1 of 3

A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked if I'd sew her daughter's some cross body purses. I love a new project. I searched all over for a free pattern but did not find what I was looking for, so I bought a pattern from Etsy that looked easy. It wasn't! Each purse had over 30 pieces to cut out and four zippers per bag! (I thought there was only one). So I set that pattern aside and looked again for another one to buy. Then, I came across a FREE video tutorial for a bag I really liked. Simple. Just a few pieces to cut out. Sewed similar to bags I've already made.

I quickly made a sample bag. Easy peasy. Then yesterday I sewed the real one. It took me a little while to figure out how to do the adjustable purse straps but I found a helpful video for that. And here is the finished bag-

The back has a pocket for a notebook and pen. 

                           Inside polka dot liner




I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I may have to sew one for myself. :-)

I plan to sew a zippered pouch to serve as a coin purse/wallet to match in the pink polka dot print. 

Two more bags to sew...

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...