Sunday, July 3, 2016

T-shirt dog bones

Last week the members of the heroes of kindness met to make upcycled dog bone toys. I showed the group how I cut the t-shirts up into one long piece. (Directions on my blog)

Then we began braiding. After the meeting, I volunteered (what was I thinking!?) to cut up the remainder sleeves and tops and bring them back next week.

In the meantime, I was given a huge stack of t-shirts to make into more toys. I've been cutting T-shirts like crazy. I did figure out that if I used my rotary cutter that things went much faster.

I had a friend come over last week and help cut them up and stretch them.



I found a new way to knot them and it's much easier than braiding them.


I can't wait to show them to the group this week. 

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...