Yogurt batch 2

I decided to try making another batch of yogurt with the milk I froze.

This is how I made this batch-

I heated the milk up to 185 degrees. I decided to keep it in jars to avoid scorching.  Then let it cool to 110-115 degrees. I preheated the dehydrator to 110 degrees while the milk was cooling.

It took about 30 minutes to cool. So I used that time to try out my new watch. My beloved got me a DVD set for Christmas of Leslie Sansone and recently bought me a vivosmart hr. I always knew the calorie count was off just entering it into My fitness pal. I had a great workout.

After the milk cooled, I mixed some of the cooled milk to the starter I had set out ahead of time to get at room temperature. (2 Tablespoons starter) Then I poured it into the jar, mixed it well and sealed it up and set into the dehydrator. I learned from a good friend that the secret was to put it just inside the door.

It stayed in the dehydrator for 4 hours before it set up.

Afterwards, I put it in the refrigerator to cool.

Tried a small bowl of it tonight and it tastes great! Mild and sweet. Not sour and tangy. Which is just the way I wanted it. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber