Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Beef and barley

Made beef and barley for lunch today. Hadn't made it in a long time. I realized after making it that I was out of marjoram so I substituted basil. Still turned out great though.

For supper I baked scalloped potatoes to go with chicken and so glad I learned to make it from scratch. It's easier than I thought and tastes better than the store bought stuff!

I was sewing potato bags today for the quilt shop and hoped to finish them by the afternoon but ran into some problems with my sewing machine and didn't get them done. Then I got a text that needed my attention at the kitchen store so I ran up there to take care of it.

I rushed home to put the scalloped potatoes in the oven and get dinner started. Surprisingly we ate on time!

Hubby mentioned granola bars today and it reminded me that I found a recipe nearly 8 years ago for some. So I whipped up a batch. I blended the oats because the recipe said to use a blender but then I find out the author meant to say mixer. I kind of like how it turned out. More like a cookie in texture than a chewy granola bar, but we liked it just the same.

Tomorrow a friend is coming over for a visit and Friday I'm going to help a friend count inventory at her business. It's been a busy week!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...