Banana pumpkin leather

Last night I blended some frozen bananas, and canned pumpkin together for a frozen treat. I added some cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to it. The original recipe called for allspice and cloves. (Which I didn't have) and maple syrup.

I thought it was plenty sweet. While it was tasty, I found it a little bitter. Probably due to the nutmeg. So, I froze the leftovers to dehydrate the next day.

I have to say this is far better than I thought it would be. Plenty sweet and the flavor is amazing! The dehydrated squash was good but had brown sugar and cinnamon in it. I have been trying to avoid drying snacks with added sugar in them.

The bananas give it just enough sweetness without being too sweet.

I had an extra banana leftover so I mashed it up and added a tiny bit of leftover pumpkin to it. No spices. I have yet to try it since it's still drying.

On a crafty note, I have been trying to use up all my facric stash. I cut out more material today to sew into knot bags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial