A friend loaned me a crayon tote last month and asked if I could make something similar.
I looked on Pinterest, etsy, and Google for a similar pattern. Could not find anything the same but found tons of other ideas. One of which I'm still working on.
So I played around with some measurements and sewed a blue one. I really thought I took a picture of it, but sadly did not.
The only problem with it is I forgot about seam allowances and it came out smaller than I intended. It held a kids activity pack.
Still it was a hit and quickly purchased at $8.
So when asked to make another, I could not remember how I made it.
This morning I sat down and took notes as I went along and made this. (Black swirls)
I intended to have a button closure but the pocket came out shorter than I wanted so I improvised.
I kind of like how it turned out. I have strips of Velcro in the front to accommodate extra books.
But I doubt I'll make another. I have too much fun making them from scratch and having each one turn out different. Still, I will keep my notes and blog about it later.