Friday, November 27, 2015

Birthday cake

I've got my "birthday cake" chilling in the refrigerator waiting for me to enjoy tomorrow.

I opted to make this style "cake" instead of the usual baked variety. It's been on my mind the past few months. Hubby offered to buy me one but I wanted to make my own and specifically this recipe.

It takes 12 hours of chilling (softening) in the refrigerator before it's ready to eat.

My friend Megan first introduced me to this when we lived in Kansas. It's really delicious and even better in the summertime when you want a sweet dessert but don't want to heat up the oven.

I took pictures of the process of making it and wondering if my blogger app will keep the pics in order... We'll see...

Yay! It appears the photos are in order. 

To make this delicious recipe. Spray 9 by 13 pan and line with Graham crackers. I found out later I could have squeezed more in. Then beat two small boxes of vanilla pudding with 3 1/2 cups of milk for 2 minutes. Add one 8 ounce container of cool whip softened. Fold in. I used the mixer. 

Spread half the pudding mixture on top of the Graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers. Spread remaining pudding mixture on top. Then add another layer of graham crackers. Next spread a can of chocolate frosting on top of final layer of grahamcrackers. Cover with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator overnight. About 12 hours.

Now, lick the beaters, bowl and frosting tub before doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen for the night. Time to knit!!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...