Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Green smoothie

My first experience with a green smoothie was at a raw foods class I took in Kansas. While I doubt I could ever eat 100% raw as my instructor does, I learned a great deal in her class.

The smoothie she made though was not my favorite from the foods we sampled. Taking a sip and then having to chew the lettuce greens was less than appetizing to me.

Yesterday I made my first green smoothie and found it superb.

Here's how I made mine-

1 cup milk (you can use any liquid)
1 cup organic salad greens

I liquefied first. Then blended:

1 banana
4 slices of frozen peaches
1 scoop strawberry jam (HFCS free) for extra sweetness.

It made two large glasses and I was stuffed afterwards.

1 comment:

Patrick and Emily said...

That looks really yummy!

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...