Saturday, August 9, 2014

Papa's Angels

I rarely read fiction books. Mostly I read how-to books but the last few times I've been to the library I find myself wandering up and down the fiction aisles.

They say you can't judge a book by its cover but so far I've been pleased by my findings.

I just wander down an aisle and randomly pick up a book. So far all the books I've checked out have been good.

The book I read this week was called: Papa's Angels by Collin Wilcox Paxton and Gary Carden.

The watercolor pictures are nice to see and worth checking out the book for.

The book is about a family of seven who in the beginning of the book lose their mother due to an illness. The book is about the rest of the children and their Papa and how they find gladness in an otherwise sorrowful situation.

The book is written from a 12 year old's point of view, Becca.

Let me know what you think if you read it!

1 comment:

Brenda Nisly said...

I recently read 2 Bethany House publications that I thought were half decent although I enjoyed the first one more than the second one, both by Jamie LangstonTurner. I haven't read fiction in forever, almost. Back to the 2 books I read, someone else recommended them to me so figured they must be pretty good if this person said so and she was right. Some Wildflower in my Heart was the book I liked the best. Dark Valley was a good read but not as deep to me. I love deep. =) There must be about 6-8 books total that Turner has written so far. Check them out if you care to!

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...