Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mullein oil

Last night we took our evening walk and I picked the last of the wild cherries I'd seen on a previous walk. Not very much, but I froze what I picked.

I found some more berries and started to pick them, but realized they were different.

After our walk, we took a country drive and I was able to gather some mullein flowers.

For the past few years, I've missed the harvest and have not been able to make any infused oil.

I was lucky to have tried some mullein oil years ago for some ear aches I'd been having. Just a few drops is all it took for immediate relief. I realized then I never wanted to be without this awesome oil!

So, last night I started my first batch of it.

In a few weeks, it will be ready. I may even make some salve from it.

No comments: