Dairy free pancakes

I've been craving some pancakes recently so I thought I'd try a new dairy free pancake recipe I found yesterday. I halved the vanilla and could barely taste it, which is the way I like it.
I made a batch for both beloved and I. It turned out pretty good, but we both decided we don't want to eat pancakes very often. I'll probably make these once a month. Don't get me wrong, they were really good, but we just like our regular breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage.
Speaking of hashbrowns, I used to think they were hard to make. I used to try forming them into patties but that never worked really good. Now, I just peel, grate, season and scrape into pan. Once in the pan, I can shape them into whatever size I want and it works great! Flip over when cooked on one side, etc. They taste much better than the frozen ones with the yucky preservatives in them. We recently made the switch to using organic gmo free potatoes and oh my! what a difference in taste and texture. We're blessed that we can find organic vegetables in our small town. Of course, nothing beats homegrown and soon we will be harvesting our potatoes.
Anyways, here is the dairy free pancake recipe:
1 cup flour
1 T. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup water
1 T. Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
Mix dry ingredients. Mix liquid ingredients in separate bowl. Combine the two all at once. Mixture will be lumpy.
Cook as usual. This made two medium pancakes for each of us.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber