Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dairy-free carrot cake

I checked out a book from the library called: Dairy-free cookbook by Jane Zukin

It's a pretty decent book. I recently tried the carrot cake.

A winner! I am making it again tonight and made a few changes to suit me.

Here is the changes I made:

This makes enough for a 7-8 inch pan. Grease well. I used coconut oil.

Grate enough carrots to equal 1 1/2 cup. I had a summer squash to use up so I grated some of that too.

Mix in bowl with one beaten egg and 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup vegetable oil.

Then in separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

Mix together with other ingredients until blended.

Bake at 350 degrees until done. About 20-25 minutes. Insert toothpick and when it comes out clean, it's done.

By the way, I finely grated the carrots and squash.


Time to eat! 

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...