Borax- my new best friend

I've known about borax as a laundry booster for years but recently discovered it has many more uses.

First of all, I bought some Zote soap for doing laundry with. I grate what I need up and add 1/2 cup of borax to each load. It cleans our clothes well and smells nice too!

If you're the type that likes to see suds in your washing load, don't bother with this recipe. It doesn't create any suds at all. I'll tell you another time about what happens when you mix family members who like suds with someone who uses this recipe- me!

This post is about other uses for borax.

I had a stain on my carpet that other cleaners wouldn't remove. So, I grabbed a wet rag and sprinkled borax on it, then scrubbed the stain. I let it sit awhile and then rinsed and vacuumed up the excess borax. I couldn't believe it- the stain was gone!

I've also used this to clean the wall behind my stove after I've fried some eggrolls. I tried using several brands of degreaser and nothing worked as well as the borax. Sprinkled on a wet rag and scrubbed lightly. Wow! This stuff is amazing! And cheap too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial