Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Felted pouch

I haven't been in the mood to knit lately but was looking through my yarn stash and found a skein of Lamb's Pride Worsted yarn.

So, I grabbed some size 9 dpn's and knitted this:


It's waiting to be felted and embroidered. I'm curious to know how much it will shrink as I've not hand felted this brand before.

I didn't pay attention to how many I casted on or how long I knit for. One reason I like these pouches is for that reason. No counting rows or stitches.

But should you want to make one for yourself- simply cast on any number of stitches- just make sure that it's an even number.

Keep in mind it will shrink when felted so make it wide enough.

These pouches are so easy to make. You knit the front and the back at the same time. To make- knit first stitch, then slip the next stitch as if to purl. And repeat to the end. Then, start over. It will feel and look a little funny at first as it's double thick, but keep on going. After a few rows you'll be able to see it coming along.

To end it, you just slip the knit stitches on one needle and the slipped stitches on another. One at a time. You can then knit a flap if you choose or just bind off. It always looks a little strange but the good news is that it will all be felted and not be seen.

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...