School is out! Yipee!

Today was the last day of school. I've been counting the "Sundays" since January. I figured there were less days that way to count, rather than each individual day, lol! While I enjoyed the snow days last winter, I did not like that they extended school an extra week! I'll have to remember that, when I'm hoping for the day off next winter.

This week I went and picked strawberries with my friend, "L" at the local strawberry farm. My goal was to pick 6 pounds since that is how much the bucket holds (at $1.75 a pound- what a deal for local fresh strawberries!) but the bucket only weighed 3.81 pounds by the time we got done with our rows. I'm not complaining, I've got two ziploc bags of frozen strawberries that will be made into jam later this year. I'm planning on going back next week and picking with my friend, "G" and Nick plans to pick as well. Yay for more strawberries! I'd really like to try dehydrating some this year too. I've heard dried strawberries are delicious! Soon, the blueberries and blackberries will be ready to pick as well. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to getting lots of things done this summer.

I've been busy with my bird embroidery quilt. I think I may even have it done before July 21st.

Here is the progress I've made so far. I like changing out colors so I've just been working a little one each square at a time rather than completing one square at a time.

I haven't done much knitting but plan to pick it up later this summer. I might even try and teach myself TAAT sock knitting. I've got the needles, yarn and book. It's funny because when I first learned to knit, I wanted to learn all the different ways and techniques, but now that I've been knitting for 5 years, I'm not really that interested in trying anything new. ha! ha!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber