Magic square pot holders

The first one shown is what started it all. I had been happily knitting Grandma's Favorite Dishcloths this past month to use up my cotton yarn stash. Then my friend Kathleen came over and showed me the pot holders she had been crocheting. She's always inspiring me!
She gave me the brown and red pot holder Thursday and I've been crocheting them ever since. I can't stop making them! LOL.
I've been using a size H crochet hook and chaining between 30-36 chains.
They turn out a different size each time but I don't mind.
I make them a bit different than some do. After I chain the number I want, I single crochet in ea chain until the second to last chain. Then, I put 3 sc in the last chain. Following the pattern, I single crochet in each space on the opposite side and when I get to the end, I put 2 single crochets in the last space. After that, I just put 1 sc around. And keep going around and around until the edges touch.
To sew it close, I whipstitch the ends together. So much fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial