Pear cake

The aroma in the house today is almost unbearable. I can't wait to sample this fabulous pear cake I am baking.

It's so easy to make. Click here for the recipe.
I had to improvise a bit today though. I had a half eaten quart jar of homemade oear sauce to use instead of fresh pears.
Unsure if the amount to use, I substituted 1 1/2 cups pear sauce and used only 1/2 cup of Brown sugar since the sauce was slightly sweetened.
I added a dash or two if cinnamon powder to the batter. Then I added a  light sprinkle of brown sugar after it had baked for 15 minutes.
It made three pans so one of the pans, I'm going to add 1/8  cup of frozen blueberries to the batter. I'm told to add them frozen not thawed after rolling them in flour first, but instead I'm going to try rolling them in powdered sugar instead since the batter is not as sweet as it usually is.
Mmmm! Looks good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber