Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Embroidered felted pouches

This past week I have taken a break on knitting and crocheting and working on hand embroidering some felted pouches that I made awhile back. Here is one that I've been working on. I just did it free style so the petals aren't all the same size. At first it bothered me but looking to nature for an example, I see that flower petals aren't all perfect looking either. Perhaps a bug came along and had a snack. :-)

The crochet hook and thread is just to show some size comparison. I used embroidery floss. I recommend DMC floss. I tried some generic floss and it just made a mess of things. 

I haven't done hand embroidery for years and was sort of happy with the way it turned out.  I have this book and have been learning lots! I picked it up at the thrift store for only 10 cents! What a deal!!

I have two other felted pouches that I'm working on and will post up pictures when I get them done. Not sure what I will do with them when they are done. 

The embroidery floss used in this was shared by a friend. Thanks, "K" for sharing with me. I love the colors you helped me pick! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very cute! Embellishments make the item.