Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wini Bread

When we lived in Texas, a dear friend shared this recipe with me. I named it after her. This is one variation of the recipe she shared with me. It makes 3 loaves. I like to bake all three loaves at once and give one away, freeze a loaf and enjoy one for supper.

What you'll need:

1/2 cup sugar or honey
2 T. yeast
1/2 cup oil
2 rounded tsp. salt
3-4 cup warm water
1/2 cup blended oats
2 c. whole wheat flour
8-10 c. white flour

Dissolve yeast in 1 c. warm water. Add 3 cups warm water, oil, salt, sugar (or honey), ground oats, and whole wheat flour. Add white flour enough to make a stiff dough. Knead. Let rise until double. Punch down. Let rise again until double. Shape into loaves. Let rise until double.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Brush with butter after they come out of the oven.

These are not heavy as a brick loaves of bread. They are light and fluffy and makes great sandwich bread. Freezes well. Let cool with flour sack towel on top. Slice after cooled.

4 comments:

PurlingPenny said...

This bread recipe looks great. I'm copying it to try. Hope you have a great spring break week, and get all those projects finished up. :) Our spring break is actually the same week way up here. My daughter is excited as she has her first job ever working at the kids day camp our town runs for the week. I will have something in the mail for you soon. :)

Noel Wright said...

Good luck on the bread making. I love this recipe, but I haven't made it for years due to lack of oven. Can't wait to get your letter! ttyl

PurlingPenny said...

Just took my Wini bread out of the oven and of course I'm enjoying a warm slice. This recipe is wonderful ......... love the bread and will make it often! Thanks for sharing, I'll think of you when I bake it I'm sure.

Noel Wright said...

That's great! Glad you like it.

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...