When I was in the seventh grade, one of my friend's shared this recipe with me. It's spicy and good to enjoy in the summertime especially when cucumbers are in season.
6 green onions
1 to 1 1/2 cups thinly chopped beef (optional)
3-5 Thai peppers
1. Brown beef. Set aside.
2. Peel cucumbers and cut in half longways. Spoon out seeds. (optional)
3. Slice cucumbers paper thin.
4. Cut green onions thin and cut Thai peppers.
5. Put these ingredients in a bowl. Cut and squeeze 1 1/2 lemons into bowl. Add about 2 T. fish sauce. Using a spoon, mash onions and peppers. (or use mortar and pestle) This will start the marination process.
6. Add cucumbers and beef. Mix ingredients and squeeze remaining lemons. Add as much fish sauce to satisfy your taste.