Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brussel Sprouts

I baked some brussel sprouts the other day to go with our dinner. I had never done this before, but bought some a couple weeks ago and ever since I tried them, I have been hooked! They are so tasty!

I cut the cores off and toss in either butter or olive oil. Dash of pepper and lots of salt! I found they were quite tasty eating them raw, so I sampled them until I found the right proportion of salt on them.




I baked them at 425 degrees for 12 minutes and turned them over half way through and baked them until I could put a knife through them. I like them a little firm, not soggy. I also switched my toaster oven to broil to brown the tops after I turned them. 




This is what was left before Nick got home. I sampled some hot out of the oven. They were so good!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...