Banana bread

When we first got married, I found this banana bread recipe in one of my grandmother's cookbooks. I sadly do not know the source of it, but if anyone does please let me know. I would love to know of more recipes like it. I wish I had thought to write down the name of the cookbook where I got it.

The recipe does not call for any oil, butter, margarine, etc.. but surprisingly is moist and delicious.

After I found this recipe, I never bothered to try another because we like it that much!

Here it is:

6 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
a pinch of cinnamon

Mash bananas until smooth. Mix sugar and vanilla in. Add dry ingredients into mixture. Still until blended.

Pour into lightly greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.

I sometimes will freeze ripened bananas and then let them thaw and make as directed. Simple and delicious!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber