"Grandma's Favorite" dish cloths

Nick bought me a cone of Peaches and Creme yarn awhile back and I decided to knit dish cloths with it. I kind of regret getting rid of all my pattern books, but have always enjoyed knitting the Grandma's favorite dish cloth pattern, so that's what's on my needles at the moment.

So far, I've made 4. and wondering how many I can get from one cone of yarn. I like the idea of buying a new cone each month assuming it only takes me a month to finish it. Each of the Walmart's I've been to all seem to carry their own colors. There isn't such a wide variety of colors this way but enough to keep me busy for awhile.







I like the fact that I can pick up this at anytime and work on it. No need to count stitches until the decreasing part.

Here is the pattern again in case you are interested: This is the first thing I ever learned to knit and a friend shared this pattern with me.

Needle size: 7 or 8
53 yards with #8 needles

Cast on 4 sts.
K2, yo, k to end of row.
Repeat until there are 45 sts on needle.

Decrease:
K2, yo, K2tog; K to last 5 sts: K2tog, K3.
Repeat until there are 8 sts left.
Then,
K2, yo, K2tog, K2 tog, K2.
K2, yo, K2tog, K2tog, K1.
K1, K2tog, K2tog, K1.

Cut thread and pull through these 4 sts and tie off.

Easy peasy!

Update- I've made 8 so far with enough yarn on the cone to make one more, but I am done making this pattern and ready to try a new pattern. I had no idea I could get so many dish cloths from one cone of yarn. I thought I tried this years ago and got 6 from a cone. Then again, I did use a different pattern and made them of different sizes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial