Chocolate Crinkles

This is one of my favorite cookie recipes from Betty Crocker's: "Cooky book". I found a vintage copy at my local flea market for under $5! I remember this book when I was growing up. Lots of fond memories. We made the gingerbread house in it each Christmastime.

*I hardly keep unsweetened chocolate in my pantry so I substitute cocoa and butter for the chocolate squares. For each square of unsweetened chocolate called for in the recipe, substitute 3 Tablespoons of cocoa plus 1 Tablespoons fat.

To make:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled or use substitution above.
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup powdered sugar (set aside in separate bowl for later.

Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar together. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth. Then, add flour, baking powder and salt. Put in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into the powdered sugar that you set aside. Roll around and coat and shape into balls. I like to flatten them slightly. Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (if you can). Otherwise, just place them as far apart as you can. :-)



Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake! Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks.

These are soft chewy chocolate-y cookies. Yum! Yum!

Comments

PurlingPenny said…
These look so yummy! I am going to make some for sure.
At what temperature do you bake them?
Noel Wright said…
Oops! The temperature is supposed to be at 350 degrees.

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber