Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Hats and socks

Here are the things I've been knitting lately:




The pattern for this hat can be found here. How to knit a basic hat. I used size 7 needles and casted on 72 stitches instead and used the Man hat (pattern below) for the decreasing. Except on every other row, I just knit around instead of doing the rib.



This hat is called the Man hat. And it's a pretty easy pattern to follow. Just two rows to repeat and one of the rows is just knitting across. It is the same pattern as the scarf I made Nick years ago. I casted on 84 stitches on accident. I was supposed to cast on a multiple of 8 so it should have been 80, but I think it will still fit.

Both of the above hats are for pre-teens, and I'm anxious to hear how well they fit since I was unable to measure their heads.





This is the top down hat recipe. I used size 8 needles to start with but switched to size 7's when the pattern called for circular needles. I don't care for how it turned out. It came out too wide and fits smack on my head covering my eyes. But it was my first time to do a top down hat, and I really enjoyed it. The pattern was so easy to follow!



These are the socks I started for Nick in March of this year. I made quick progress on the first half and got until the foot when I put them in the closet the following week where they sat until last week. Then, I finished the first half up and casted on the second half on Tuesday and finished them tonight.

They were fun to make. I thought they'd match perfectly, but I can see that I added an extra row or two on the second one and the toe is a bit longer! oops!

I was excited though because I learned to do the Kitchener stitch on these. (my first) and hopefully I will have it memorized so that I don't have to stress out so much each time! lol

These were made with some yarn that a Ravelry friend shared with me. Thank you, Penny!

until next time!

No comments: