Dry cracked spitting hands

I wrote on here awhile back that I have a problem with my hands and fingers cracking in the winter time. I've tried so many brands of lotions and they all just seem to relieve the pain temporarily.

My latest purchase was buying 10 bottles of Avon Silicone Glove. It used to give me great results but I wonder if they changed the formula or something. Now I'm stuck with 8 tubes! I also can't stand the way the lotion smells. But I put up with it because it worked.

I've got a bottle of  St. Ives Intensive healing lotion in the bathroom but hardly have touched it since I tried...

O'Keefe's Working Hands.

I'd seen it plenty of times while in the checkout aisle, but never paid too much attention to it until I saw the pictures.  Which by the way looked EXACTLY like my hands!!

So, I bought some, tried it and liked it.

It does take getting used to though. It says it's best to put on at bedtime and I can see why. It's not greasy- like they say, but it does leave your hands feeling a bit sticky. Or maybe I just put too much on. But I dabbed it on my hands, worked it into the cracks on my fingertips and let it soak in.

I'm the type of person that can't stand to have my hands feeling sticky, so it took every bit of my willpower to not run to the bathroom and wash the stuff off. I guess that's why they have you put it on before bed. I soon fell asleep. When I woke up, my hands did not burn and they looked better. I repeated this for two more nights and my hands are back to normal! Yay!!

I am also using rubber gloves to wash the dishes with and that seems to help my hands. That and the fact that I've taken a small knitting break. The tips of my fingers are thanking me! I just need to get another pair of gloves for doing laundry with and I'll be set.

Until next time!





Comments

Sky Farms said…
I need to make you some calendula salve and cream for Christmas!!! Ouch!!!
Noel Wright said…
That sounds nice! One of the reasons, I hesitated buying the O'Keefe's hand cream was the chemicals in it. I hate that it's not natural, but for now it works...

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber