Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Knitted cambridge watch cap

Yesterday, I finished knitting my sixth Cambridge Watch cap as well as a 9 month old size hat of a different design. The original pattern is found here with my changes below. I will post pictures of both hats next week after the recipient receives them.

For the 9 month old size hat, I used Cascade 220 superwash. I had received it as a RAK gift and I like how soft and squishy it feels. Thank you, spinkluddite for sharing it with me!

I knit it on size 10 needles double stranded with a cast on of 48 sts. I tried it with a single strand of yarn but it was too holey for me. Even though it is a worsted weight yarn, I found it thinner than others.

I did a knit 1, purl 1 ribbing for 4 rows then switched to stockinette stitching until a total of 7 1/4 inches was reached. Then, I decreased it: K2 together across, Purl across, K2 together across, Purl across, K2 together (you will have 6 sts left). I cut the yarn 18 inches and pulled through remaining stitches and used the mattress seam to sew up the sides.

Until next time!



No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...