Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Things around the home

The one place they are not allowed to be. Waiting for breakfast! 


Planted three cucumber plants in a pot after "season". I was pleased to be able to eat at least one cucumber this year. Only two plants came up thanks to the kittens.


Whenever I'd try to get a picture of Freddie, he'd always end up coming right to the camera. All of my shots of him were blurry. I sat him down and had a talk with him and told him how much I really would like to be able to get one decent picture of him. Sat him down and he posed for me! 


Bought some t-shirts from my neighbor. He goes to storage auctions and had over 25 totes of clothing. I think it took me about 3 hours to sort through it all. Of course, the kittens followed me over and had to help me. Got 16 shirts from him for 10 cents each! I am going to be making a new rug for the house this winter. Might even do a tutorial from start to finish on it, if I remember. I've done one before, but never with pictures for each step. Anyone interested?  The day after I decided to make a rug, I found a book at the library for sale on "Rug Making" for only 50 cents!! 

Saw this cute turtle walking past the yard the other day. I love his cute spotted feet! The kittens had to explore every inch of his shell and scare the poor fellow! I managed to get this shot of him after sitting still for awhile.

1 comment:

PurlingPenny said...

Noel if those shirts are the ones you are using in your rug, it will be gorgeous. My mother in law used to make what she called rag rugs. You used a heavy sort of fabric to use as backing, then you cut strips of various fabric,and sewed them to the backing in the middle of the strips. You keep adding more until your backing fabric is covered. These rugs are great by the door to catch sand etc. I'm curious to see how you make your rug. If I was Freddie, I pose handsomely every opportunity I got.... he's quite the pretty boy!