TGV again

After my last mess up on the shawl, I had put it away for awhile, but took it out and have been a lot of progress with it lately. I'm almost back to the point from when I started before I had to rip it out.

I'm kind of glad I started over because I was convinced I used the wrong needle size and should have gone up one. When I realized I had to start over, I tried using a size 7, but did not like the way it looked or felt after all, so now that I'm back using the same as I started, I'm much happier with it.

Plus, since I was trying a new pattern, I found my tension was uneven, but now it's smooth and great! I'll try to remember to take a picture of what I've got done so far this afternoon, but no guarantees, I'll remember! :P

I've been re-thinking making socks again after talking to a friend about sock knitting the other day at knitting club. I was able to finally make it to one of their meetings and I had forgotten how much I enjoy the company of other knitters. I hope to make it to more meetings this fall.

It's always fun to see what the other ladies are working on and to visit with them and catch up on their daily lives.

One thing I'm super excited about  is taking some knitting classes at the lys this fall. (If the classes are when I can go into town.)

I found a cool knitting shawl pattern last night looking for another pattern on ravelry. Well, I actually found two patterns that I really liked, but one will have to wait until I get some money.

The La La Shawl is free and so pretty! It uses bulky yarn or worsted weight and I plan to start on it next week when I re-join the prayer shawl group. I stopped going this summer when we weren't going into town every day.

The First timer's shawl I really like because it reminds me of a granny square shawl. I crocheted up a triangular shawl earlier this year (forgot to take a picture of course!) and I really liked it but I do enjoy knitting them more. So, I hope to make this one sometime this fall.

I'm going to be saving up all my money though for knitting classes and some at the quilt store that I want to take as well. (sewing things for the house). One of my friends teaches a class there that I really want to take.

Until next time!


p.s. If you can't view the patterns on ravelry, be sure to sign up for a free membership. It's the greatest place in the world! So many of my knitting friends haven't discovered it yet, but if they'd just give it a chance, I know they would love it! They always talk about having to go to several websites to find the patterns they want, but don't they know they're already right in one place, R-A-V-E-L-R-Y!!!

Here is the TGV shawl in progress:



It was hard to show the whole thing since I didn't have any way to stretch it out, but this shows the colors anyhow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber