Thursday, August 2, 2012

How to make mint tea

For the past few weeks, we've been enjoying mint tea. I made some when we lived in Texas and have since forgotten the original recipe I used, so I had to start experimenting again.

This is what I do to make a 2 quart batch. I take 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Turn off from heat and add one family size tea bag of Luzianne tea and one tea bag of Plantation mint. Let steep for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I forget and let it steep an hour. That's okay.

Then, take the tea bags out and pour the mixture into your pitcher. Fill the rest of the way up with water and refrigerate overnight.

If you want a gallon of tea, then just use 2 tea bags of Luzianne tea and 2 tea bags of Plantation mint.

It has just the right amount of mint in it for us and we both think it helps keep us cooler in the summer!

We once tried to substitute the "Mint Medley" by Bigelow but did not like it at all!

**Update** I think I got the two mixed up when I wrote this post. Tonight I used "Mint Medley" and found the taste quite agreeable. I think the Plantation Mint is actually too strong for us. Either way, try one or both!

Someday when my yard looks the way I want it to, I will grow some spearmint and make real mint tea, but for now, this is pretty good!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...