Making crayon rolls

The past couple days I have been busy sewing crayon rolls. 

I have 7 total and more on the way!

I really like this pink glittery fabric. I hope I can get more before they run out.


 I have three with fabric ties, and one with a ribbon tie.

I was limited on the boys fabric. The zoo animals fabric I got as scrap material. I didn't have enough for a whole crayon roll with just that material. So, when I found the flannel dinosaur print and light blue material on clearance I figured I'd make do with what I had. The other dinosaur print is leftover from when I made my nephew's crayon roll. I wish I had bought extra of that material when they had it as they no longer carry it. :-(

This is the front and 

this is the back. Since the flannel dinosaur print (top photo) was on clearance, I didn't get to choose how much I got, but it was about less than half of a yard. Again, I really liked it but it's all gone. :-(

More crayon rolls. I tried more ribbon for the ties and some scrap tan material I had. I have 7 total with one being the same as the first photo.

I've been having so much fun sewing these that I think I'll make some more tomorrow! I have 2 more yards of pink glittery material left but out of boys print again. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for more. A friend suggested I make a crochet hook case with the pink material, but will probably wait as I want to sew up as many crayon rolls as I can. I've got three people interested in them. While the pink material is on clearance on not coming back, I was happy to see that they had some more just like it but with teal instead. But of course, it's not on sale. Oh well!  It's so pretty!

Comments

JenT said…
a little taller would be awesome for pens or colored pencils. I would love something like that for scrapbooking stuff. Keeps things organized and out of sight and it is pretty too! Good job!
Noel Wright said…
Great idea! I will have to find some dimensions to work with to find the right size for colored pencils. I imagine it would be similar to my crochet hook cases.

Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber