Saturday, July 7, 2012

How to make Thai chicken fried rice


You'll need six cups of cooked rice. It's best to make the day before and then chill it. Jasmine rice tastes best but can be made with regular white rice.

Heat up skillet and cook 1 cup of cubed chicken with 2 cloves of minced garlic.


Add one onion, sliced lengthwise and cook until both onion and chicken are done.  (I moved it over to make room for the beaten eggs.)

Add 3 lightly beaten eggs to pan and cook until scrambled.  (Cooking 3 lightly beaten eggs.) Sometimes I like to mix the egg mixture with the onions and chicken and cook altogether. Sometimes I just try to keep it separate. I don't like eggs by themselves so that's why I like to mix them. Personal preference.



Stir in the cooked cold rice, 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce,  2 Tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.





Add 1 roma tomato sliced lengthwise and 2 chopped green onions to mixture. Heat through.



Serve with cucumbers on the side.

Nice to take for a lunch since you don't have to reheat it. Tastes great hot or cold.

From my Lemongrass and Limes cookbook by Naam Pruitt. I made a few changes from the original recipe. For the original recipe, you can buy a copy here.

This meal makes enough for Nick and I to eat with enough leftovers for the next day.

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...