Cute poems to go with scrubbers



Someone asked me the other day if I knew a cute poem to go with their homemade pot scrubbers or dish cloths. I thought I'd compile a bunch here for you to choose from. I stopped writing poetry years ago and don't plan to start. :-)

However here are some great ones to choose from! And maybe give you some ideas to write your own as well.

1.  MOM

To make your mother's day fantastic
I made you this flower of plastic.
I give it to you with this special wish.
May it help you scrub each pot and dish.
I want to thank you for all you do.
Happy Mother's Day, I LOVE YOU!
(remove brad and enjoy your kitchen scrubber)

Fold the piece of cardstock in half. This will be your card. Cut out the poem with decorative scissors and glue it on the front of the card. Cut out the stem and leaves for the "flower" on a green piece of paper and glue these onto your card. Push the brad through the middle of the pot scrubber and attach it to the card.
All you have to do is finish the inside of the card with a nice message and give it to mom for Mother's Day.
By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

2. Thank God For Dirty Dishes
(Author Unknown)

Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.

If you're the non-religious type, you can change "God" to "goodness" and the final line: "This year's been very good to us."


3. Please accept my Holiday wishes
On this small gift from me to you
To help with those dirty dishes
That your family left for you to do
Don’t for even one minute think
That dirty dishes will never reappear
So please keep it handy by the sink
Cause Christmas comes but once a year
But Dirty dishes are a daily thing.
©2005 Eve Originals


4. God bless my little kitchen, I love its every nook.
And Bless me as I do my work,
Wash pots and pans and cook.
And may the meals that I prepare
Be seasoned from above,
With Thy great blessing
And They grace,
But most of all Thy Love.

-if anyone knows the author let me know so I can give credit.


5. These are for angel pot scrubbers but maybe you can re-write it to work for you:

This little angel is
a scrubber......
She will clean your
pots and pans if you
let her....
Or let her sit there
and just lurk,
While you end up
doing all the work..

Or....

This little angel is
here to scrub,
All your pots and
pans of their grub..
She will scour,and
she won't pout..
Afterall, she wants
to help you out....


6. Send me some links if you know of more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial