Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crochet flowers pattern links to share


I asked for some patterns for a crocheted flower on Knitting Paradise (a forum I visit) and two people responded with patterns that I liked. One was for a knit one, which to view, you'll have to sign in to Knitting Paradise or click here. This pattern is similar only the one shared on Knitting Paradise it didn't say to knit the first row. It immediately went to the bind off part.

Sadly, I could not figure it out but plan to get help on Thursday. Yay! The lady that shared the pattern with me is going to help me figure it out via skype!

Another lady on Knitting Paradise shared her version which can be found here. I'm not sure this link will work but let me know if it doesn't. You should be able to see the above pattern too. The lady was super nice and sent me photos including progress pictures to help me understand how to make them. I usually need to see pictures of the progress to understand crochet patterns. They are super easy and fast to make. I found I could make different sizes by just changing hook sizes. Duh! I should have known that! lol I made a bunch with a size E, G, and H hook. Then, I can layer them on top of each other.

The second flower pattern I used is found here at Mom of 5 Daughters.  I like her flowers because you sew a button on to your finished item and can change out the flowers as you want. I've made a couple cute headbands for kids with interchangeable flowers with this pattern. 

The third flower pattern I used is found here. One of my favorite crochet sites for free patterns. There is a knitting version too! There are literally a ton of flower patterns found at this site. 

A few of the flowers I made were based on using a couple of the patterns together. I noticed with flowers it's basically done the same way.

Make the center. Add petals, I like to start out with a hdc, work a sc, then a dc, then back down to repeat and make each scallop.


Here to add another flower pattern. Click HERE.

No comments: