Monday, May 28, 2012

Squash with basil

After learning the proper way to harvest my basil, I was left with a nice large bowl of it. I can almost taste the pesto! But first, I need some extra virgin olive oil which I won't be able to get until Wednesday. Anyways, I had a recipe I wanted to try but couldn't find anywhere, so I searched the Internet for a recipe that had ingredients that I had on hand and found this.

It was delicious! Nick wasn't so sure when he smelled the garlic I added in, but even he liked it!


Here is the recipe for the squash with basil.

I'm planning to make more tomorrow since it was so yummy.

Years ago, someone taught me how to dry herbs in my refrigerator. Can you guess how? You just take the herbs you want to dry and wrap them in some paper towels (washed and not drippy wet) Then, place on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator and forget about it for awhile. Soon it will be nice and crispy!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...