Friday, May 25, 2012

Cherry Cobbler Easy as 1, 2, 3!!!

Last night, I decided to make some cherry cobbler in the crock pot. I've posted the recipe before, but I'm going to post it again because it's so easy!

When I woke up this morning and got on my facebook, one of the things on my wall said,

"Happy National Cherry Cobbler Day!" I had no idea there was such a thing and for all the days for it to be! lol

So, I dragged out my crock pot and made some. You can cook it on on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. For some reason I thought it was ready in two and was disappointed that I'd have to smell it for another 2 hours! Mmmmm!




#1- Grease crockpot. Empty one can of cherry pie filling in crock pot 


#2- Melt 1/2 cup of butter and pour over one box of dry cake mix. Mix together.


#3- Sprinkle dry mixture on top. Put lid on and cook.



Wasn't that simple!

Nick said he'd bring home some vanilla ice cream to go with it! Yay!

Of course, I had to sample some before Nick got home:




Mmmm!!!

2 comments:

PurlingPenny said...

My goodness Noel, you are such a busy lady.... I get sick for a day , and come back to find new zippered bags, a baby blanket, apple cake and cherry cobbler ...... wow! How can cherry cobbler be so simple? I'll have to try it for sure as well as the apple cake. I like to use my bread machine for baking too. We're just getting our garden in up here..... I'm sure you've been eating radishes from yours now.

Noel Wright said...

Well to be fair, I started the baby blanket months ago and just now got it finished. The cherry cobbler was sure good. It didn't last long! It doesn't taste like your regular cobbler recipe but it is yummy! My neighbor makes a recipe similar but uses canned blueberries and crushed pineapple! I'll have to ask her for the recipe. I tasted my first radish tonight! It was delicious!

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...