Honey Grain Bread

I'm trying a new recipe tonight called Honey Grain Bread in my bread machine. (Mine is similar to the link provided. I have gotten so much use out of this bread machine. I think it's one of the best purchases I've made. Now, you know I'm not much into gadgets, but I love the fact that it doesn't take up much space, I can put it away when I'm not using it and unlike an oven, I can put it outside to bake when it's too hot but we still want something yummy to eat! I can't remember how much I paid for it but it was on clearance at Walmart. I've had several brands of bread machines in the past, but another reason I like mine is that it makes horizontal loaves of bread. As much use as I've put it through it's still going strong.I remember when bread machines were really popular. Do people even use them nowadays like I do? I see a lot of them still in boxes sitting unopened on thrift store shelves. Don't people realize what they are missing!? lol

My bread machine has a "bake" feature and I've just recently been experimenting with it. The feature lasts an hour and so I've baked dinner rolls, cobblers, apple crisp, cornbread, brownies, cakes, and monkey bread in it. I just love the thing!

Anyways, in the manual that came with my machine there are a bunch of recipes that I still haven't tried yet, this recipe being one of them. What took me so long to try this recipe is that I was trying to find a source for whole wheat flour that I liked. And I've found it! Walmart started carrying this brand, and we really like their unbleached white flour. It's certified chemically free and non-GMO which is a big plus!



The recipe is:

Honey Grain Bread

1 cup water
1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cook oats
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

This makes enough for a 1.5 pound loaf.

I'll let you know what I think when it comes out of the "oven".

Update- This was AWESOME!

until next time!

Comments

Laila said…
Hi I found your blog by searching for acrylic yarn dish cloths. I really enjoy your blog a lot.

Take care, Laila.

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber