I've wanted to do a progress pictorial but somehow I always seem to forget to take pictures along the way. So, last night, I snapped a photo after I had done a few rows. Then today, I snapped some more. I just love it when the color starts to change, especially when it's a yarn that I don't know how it's going to look. So, that's why there are so many photos of the sock so far. Usually, I will just take a picture at each step. Leg. Cuff. Heel flap. Heel, etc...
This yarn is so easy to work with too. I was a bit sad though to learn that it's been discontinued. It's such a lovely color.
I am using a size 2 and while I did my gauge first and measured only 7 stitches per inch, I'm a little worried that it may be different once I get going. It usually is. My gauge is normally never the same as in the "final" project. I'm not sure why. If the stitches per inch are a difference, than I'm not sure what I will do. Do I just consider this my gauge and start over? Or do I decide to keep knitting it, but not make it for Nick. (Which is who this socks are for). He commented specifically on the liking of this yarn so that's why I started with it. I saw that in the 8 stitches per inch pattern, that the cast on is the same, but for a smaller sized foot. I suppose I'll have to make the choice sooner or later but for now, I'm going to keep knitting the leg.
The cuff is in ribbing and I have yet to learn how to count my stitches with the purl stitches in the way. So, that's why I'm not doing any counting until after the leg is complete. Or at least 4 inches done on it.
Well, whoever this sock ends up going to, I'm having a blast making it.
Here are some progress pictures to share. Stay tuned for more! I'm planning on knitting more this afternoon.