Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sewing a soap saver

When I was a kid, one of the things I remember about bath time was that we had a special wash cloth with a pocket. I don't know where it came from or if my mom made it or what, but we only had one. And of course that meant, my sister and I fought over who got to use it.

With the pocket, we could put a bar of soap in it and not have to worry about dropping the bar. It made the soap lather up nicely too.

I've crocheted and knitted soap savers, but never thought about sewing one until now. I'm not even sure what reminded me of that old brown wash cloth with the pocket but, now that I have a sewing machine I'm going to have to make one. I may even sew a brown one! :-)

I thought about sewing a plain old boring one but then found this great tutorial to sew for kids!

Here is a plain style one for adults. It is made from a wash cloth folded over. Easy peasy!

1 comment:

erin, maker of chimes said...

Thanks for sharing the link to a sewn soap saver, I came across your blog while googling the best yarn to use in soap savers. I'd never even thought about sewing one... I can do that, crochet/knit is a hobby yet to be learned.

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...