Knitted Dish cloth with no purls

How many of you knitters like purling? Not me! :-) I've been told that the Portuguese style of knitting makes purling so easy! In fact, it makes the knitting part seem hard. That is something I will have to check into sometime as the local knitting store sells the pin and DVD. Andrea Wong teaches how. You can google it on YouTube.

I was thinking today about knitting dish cloths that didn't require any purling and there are so many ways to do this and still have a nice dish cloth.

There is the "Grandma's Favorite" of course.

Then, there is the way where you just knit every row. I like the way it looks especially when I use a variegated yarn. It's kind of hard to see, but the two cloths in the back are just plain knitted.

While purling isn't my favorite thing to do, I don't mind it too much. My favorite knit dish cloth to make is found here. The nice waffle weave texture scrubs dishes nice.

Only, when I make it I like to cast on 36 instead. I don't like overly large dish cloths since they stretch so much when they get wet. I like the size that my casting on of 36 makes. Seven to nine inches square based on the size needle. I use anywhere between a 6 through an 8.

Some pictures of the ones I've made. Here plain white and here shown with stripes, and here with variegated colors.

happy knitting!
until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber