Experiments with curry

Knowing I was going to be fixing my own lunch today, I really wanted the yellow chicken curry dish, but did not have any coconut milk and bamboo shoots. I couldn't imagine the dish without the rich taste of the coconut milk!

But I really wanted some curry today. So, I got out my frying pan and added some onions and some oil and browned them. Then, I added some diced chicken and a half of a potato leftover from breakfast. I added in a teaspoon of curry, and a pinch of red curry paste and a little water. Started cooking it and boy it smelled so good!

Then, I poured a little fish sauce in and some sugar. I did not measure anything! I tried it and it was wonderful! By this time I was wishing I had some rice, but did not feel like dragging out the rice cooker for the tiny amount it made. So I just dumped some rice in the pan. Only there was not enough liquid to cook the rice, so I added some water. Which diluted my yummy creation. So I added in more curry powder, fish sauce and sugar. I checked on the rice halfway through and the water was gone and the rice was still hard, so after adding more water, and more curry and seasonings, three  separate times! It finally tastes as good as it did when I started. Now I'm sitting here enjoying a tasty bowl!! I can't believe how good it tastes without the regular ingredients!

And along with this meal I boiled some sweet potatoes, topped it with a nice tablespoon or two of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Mashed it in my bowl and ate the whole thing!  This is my comfort food today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been enjoying your posts the last while. Hoping you'll keep it up! Had to comment when I read this about your experiment with curry. (I love curry but probably don't like it as hot as you might!) Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration you've been. Missing you~ Brenda

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber