Here is the slipper pattern I told you about that I got at a garage sale. It was with a bunch of patterns in a Ziploc bag for 50 cents. It was typewritten on a sheet of paper with no name or source information so I have no idea who to give the credit to.
With two strands of worsted weight yarn and a size 9 needle
Cast on 39 stitches
Using double stranded throughout...
Row 1- K4, P1, K29, P1, K4
Row 2- K14, P1, K9, P1, K14
Repeat these rows alternately about 36 times for women's size 6-7. About 42 times for men's size 8-9.
Then, bind off 5 stitches at beginning of next 2 rows and knit across.
For the toe part- K1, P1 across each row in seed stitch. Repeat this until it's half of what you made for the foot, I did 18 rows. Or counted 9 "bumps".
Next, K2tog across next row and thread yarn through stitches. Draw toe together and tie. Sew up top sections of toe and back of slipper. Make pom pom for each.
Use two different color yarns or variegated.
When you make it, you'll start to notice the pattern, the purl ridges that go up and down. One side will show and the other side will be an indentation. I assume that the indentation is what goes on the inside so it will be more comfortable.
Here it shows the inside part where your foot goes that I was talking about:
This shows the outside. The two middle purled rows is the outside of the slipper and you fold the edges up and the bottom edge is the slipper back. Does this make sense? If not, ask questions and I'll try to explain it better. When I sewed the back edge together, I did not sew up the cuff part. I just started sewing it after that part. Seemed to be that the cuff then could fold down and easier to get on the foot.
Here is another slipper sewn up and ready to weave in the ends.
Last week a friend asked me to sew her a cell phone holder that she wanted to give to a friend. So I took out my supplies and started to d...
*If you wish to share this pattern with others, please send them the link rather than copying and pasting the pattern. One of my k...
I bought some red netting the other day to try making a different crocheted pot scrubber. I was talking to a friend of mine about a scrubbe...
I've talked before about acrylic dish cloths versus cotton but I was doing some research yesterday on tawashi patterns and one of the th...